On October 1, 2021, the fourth of eight bellwether cases in the ongoing litigation against 3M concluded in a verdict for the plaintiff. $8.2 million was awarded by a jury in Pensacola, Florida for the case of US Army soldier Brandon Adkins. 4 of the 6 bellwether cases thus far have resulted in verdicts against the multinational conglomerate relating to the Combat Arms Earplugs, Version 2 (CAEv2). The two cases in which 3M won were bellwether cases picked by the defense. Each verdict for the plaintiff has exceeded a $1-million award.
280,000+ pending cases are part of this largest multidistrict litigation in US history.
Trivent Legal’s experts have reviewed hundreds of 3M earplug cases for several law firms across the country. We stand ready for the first wave of individual workups ordered by Judge M. Casey Rodgers of the Northern District of Florida. We have the experience. We have the expertise. If you are looking for individualized case analysis, we want to be a part of your team.
The military is a lot of things, but brief is not one of them. THOUSANDS of pages can bog down your case in a mess of documentation. We know what we’re looking for, and we can bring clarity to your plaintiff’s hearing injuries.
We can deliver a review summary / chronology and a separate file containing all the organized related documents for easy reference –
- Form DD214 and the ORB, ERB and/or NORB relating to the claimant’s service in the military.
- DD215 and DD2216s audiological exams relating to the claimant’s service in the military.
- Any audiograms or other hearing tests performed on claimant outside of the military
- Records relating to any disability benefits claimant applied for and/or received as a result of hearing loss, tinnitus, or other hearing injury:
- VBA Worksheet 1305 (audio)
- VA Form 21-4138 – Statement in Support of Claim
- VA Form 21-8940 (Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability)
- VA Form 21-4192 (Request for Employment Information in Connection with Claim for DB)
- VA Form 21-256 EZ – Application for disability benefits
- VA Forms 10-2364 and 10-2354 – VA audiological examinations (audiograms)
- Rating Decision
Our focus block for how we approach these cases and a sample are available upon request. We understand each firm has different needs / criteria for their cases, and we’re flexible to meet any request for these cases.
For more information, please email our Customer Service Manager, [email protected] or call 610-674-6901, ext 42.